This is the last of my weekly thoughts for 2014. I can’t believe how quickly the end of the year has arrived. I thought I would share my reflections on of some major themes seen over the year.
1. You cannot “fix” someone who doesn’t want to be fixed. What I mean by this is, if you are working in a business or in a personal relationship with someone and you have significant value to add and a strong desire to fix the person’s dysfunctional patterns, you will not achieve this if they actually don’t want to change. This can quickly turn against you in an instant and the consequences will be felt. The outcome is really to know when it’s time to let go and move on – far less painful than the consequences of the relationship backfiring.
2. If you believe you can, you will. If you believe you can’t, you won’t. If you are pushing forward and pioneering new concepts, ideas – business or personal – the power of the negative mindset will get you every time. Have the conviction to believe you can and you will. Celebrate your own success. Be strong and feel proud of your achievements. Pull back from those around you who believe you can’t or won’t achieve and surround yourself with those who support you in the process and celebrate in your success with you.
3. New Beginnings: This seems to have been a tough year for many. We have been asked to face things head on be that in business or personal lives. It’s like the year has been a one year intensive in pushing you the hardest it can to make the shifts required to move to the next phase. It’s time to pat yourself on the back. There is much alignment and SHIFT in new beginnings. Keep focused and be clear on your game plan for 2015.
4. Recalibrate mindset: Take the much needed break over the Christmas period. In order to move forward you must address the subconscious patterns that are in the way. Observe what the message is repeatedly saying. Are you connected to what’s going on or just existing – like getting through the days.
5. Finally, the importance of being emotionally physically and mentally well. Doing what it takes to get clear and focussed to SHIFT forward in the new year.
Thank you for continuing to read these weekly thoughts and providing your feedback – I love it when I receive your comments. We wish you a safe and relaxing break with family and friends and look forward to resuming a refreshed weekly thoughts and website mid January.
Until then, safe travels